Throughout the year, individuals and parishes host events that raise awareness for the mission of the Church. These events can be large or small, but all of them help people to understand the incredible gift we have to share with the world – the Orthodox Christian Faith. From ideas, to planning, to ticket sales and giveaways, we are here to help you create a perfect event for missions!
Guest Speaker Presentations
Invite an OCMC Missionary or Staff Member to share the work of missions with your community.
Host a coffee hour after Liturgy that features foods from a country where the Church is active in trying to welcome people into the Body of Christ.
Coordinate a 5K or 10K Run/Walk to benefit missions. This a great way to get people from outside your parish involved. They can even be done virtually.
Events like golf tournaments and bowling tournaments are a fun way to engage your community in missions and a great opportunity for fellowship.
Dinner or Luncheons
Pick the Feast day of a missionary saint or Mission Sunday (the first Sunday before Lent) to host a dinner or luncheon.
Organize a banquet or gala that includes all of the Orthodox parishes from your area to come and learn about Orthodox missions from a special guest.
- Trek4Missions | August 9th to September 14th, 2020
- Pray Give Go Virtual Benefit w/ Fr. Luke Veronis | September 20th, 2020
- KC For Kenya Fundraiser | October 14th, 2020
- Orthodox Life in Kenya Webinar Part 1 | November 12, 2020
- Orthodox Life in Kenya Webinar Part 2 | November 19, 2020
- Orthodox Life in Kenya Webinar Part 3 | December 3, 2020
- Orthodox Life in Kenya Webinar Part 4 | December 10, 2020
- Home of Hope Virtual Panel Discussion | January 28, 2021 | 8PM EST
- Pray Give Go New Jersey Virtual Benefit | February 21, 2021 | 7PM EST
- Becoming Mission-Minded: Engaging Your Community In Missions | March 5, 2021 | 8PM EST
- Mission Sunday, Remember Missions Throughout Great Lent | March 14, 2021
- Pray Give Go Denver Virtual Benefit | March 21, 2021 | 7PM MT