Is my Team still going?
We are evaluating each country’s situation frequently and will continue to keep you updated in the coming weeks and months.
- May Teams have been rescheduled.
- June Teams are under review with Hosts and Team members.
- July and onwards, for now, will proceed as scheduled, with a review in May.
Can I still apply?
Absolutely! Interestingly, your Team participation is even more important when we are faced with this type of challenge. People from all walks of life and nations need to know that others care about them and that fellow Orthodox faithful are concerned about their spiritual well-being.
We will continue to process all Teams applications as normal. Even if your Team is postponed, we will hold on to your file for the next Team that you want to apply for. Please encourage others to submit application forms as planned.
Will I be safe?
Your safety is our number one concern, especially during this time of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Teams will travel and serve abroad when we, along with our host partners and hierarchs, believe the medical and political conditions have stabilized in each location. This will be based on information from the World Health Organization (WHO), US State Department travel advisories, Center for Disease Control (CDC), and various Ministries of Health from the different Team destinations. Should conditions change, we will keep you informed.
OCMC provides travel insurance that is valid abroad which includes emergency medical coverage, medical evacuation, personal liability coverage, and more.
We encourage Team members to visit the CDC web site (http://www.cdc.gov) to check for updated health and travel notices to help make an informed decision.
What will happen to my fundraising if my Team is canceled?
If your project is changed or canceled, you have a few options:
- If your Team is rescheduled, all your funds will move with you to the Team with the new dates.
- You may consider applying for a different Team scheduled later in the year, or consider a 2021 Team. OCMC will hold onto your application, and once you have chosen another Team, all you need to do is inform us. All donations given towards your participation will be applied to your new Team.
- Funds raised will be available to the Team member for a Mission Team of their choice up to the end of 2021. If not used, funds raised will be used to sponsor future Team efforts to the same location. Deposits can be refunded upon request.
Still have questions?
Contact the Orthodox Christian Mission Center if you have additional questions pertaining to the Mission Teams:
- Andrew J. Lekos, Mission Teams Director 904.829.5132 ext 140; email@example.com
- Presbytera Renee Ritsi, Teams Associate Director 904.829.5132 ext 141; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Janice Xynidis, Teams Administrator 904.829.5132 ext 143; email@example.com
Your participation in Orthodox mission work makes a difference in the world. Inspire your parish to be involved in missions and support these efforts to raise awareness of Orthodox missions around the world. Join us in prayer for all our Teams, Missionaries, and those directly impacted by the COVID-19 virus across the globe.