OCMC News - Missions Bibliography
The following books, journals, and magazines contain information on the history, philosophy, and practice of Orthodox missions. Many of these publications can be found at Orthodox booksellers like Light & Life Publishing or Conciliar Press
Missiological Journals and Magazines
- A History of Christian Missions, by Stephen Neill.
- Alaskan Missionary Spirituality ed. by Michael Oleksa.
- Changing the Mind of Missions: Where Have we Gone Wrong? by James Engel and William Dyrness.
- Contextualization: Meanings, Methods and Models by David J. Hesselgrave and Edward Rommen.
- Eastern Orthodox Mission Theology Today, by James J. Stamoolis, Light & Life.
- From Earth to Heaven: The Apostolic Adventures of St. Innocent of Alaska by Monk Andrew Wermuth (St. Herman of Alaska Press).
- Indications of the Way into the Kingdom of Heaven by St. Innocent, Bishop of Kamchatka, the Kurilian and Aleutian Islands.
- Keys of the Kingdom by A.J. Cronin.
- Language Acquisition Made Practical by E. Thomas Brewster and Elizabeth S. Brewster.
- Missions and Money: Affluence as a Western Missionary Problem by Jonathan Bonk.
- On the Edge of the World by Nikolai Leskov.
- Operation World by Patrick Johnstone
- Perspectives on the World Christian Movement: A Reader ed. Ralph D. Winter and Steven C. Hawthorne.
- Psychology of Missionary Adjustment by Marge Jones.
- Raising Resilient MKs: Resources for Caregivers, Parents and Teachers ed. Joyce M. Bowers.
- Re-Entry: Making the Transition from Missions to Life at Home by Peter Jordan.
- Saint Nikolai Kasatkin and the Orthodox Mission in Japan, ed. Michael Van remortel and Dr. Peter Chang.
- St. Paul?s Methods or Ours by Roland Allen
- Third Culture Kids: The Experience of Growing Up Among Worlds by David Pollack and Ruth Van Reken.
- Transforming Mission: Paradigm Shifts in Theology of Missions by David J. Bosch.
- World Shapers: A Compilation of Missionary Quotes
- INTERNATIONAL BULLETIN OF MISSIONARY RESEARCH (IBMR): One of the most serious missiological journals which offers a scholarly and practical perspective of missions. Ecumenical in nature (Archbishop Anastasios is one of the contributing editors), yet covering every perspective involved in missions today. This Bulletin comes out quarterly.
- INTERNATIONAL REVIEW OF MISSIONS: This is the missiological quarterly of the World Council of Churches. While its focus is ecumenical missiology, it also gives a voice to other perspectives, such as those from Pentecostal and Evangelical theologians.