The following books, journals, and magazines contain information on the history, philosophy, and practice of Orthodox missions. Many of these publications can be found at Orthodox booksellers like Light & Life Publishing
or Conciliar PressMissiological Books
Missiological Journals and Magazines
- A History of Christian Missions, by Stephen Neill.
- Alaskan Missionary Spirituality ed. by Michael Oleksa.
- Changing the Mind of Missions: Where Have we Gone Wrong? by James Engel and William Dyrness.
- Contextualization: Meanings, Methods and Models by David J. Hesselgrave and Edward Rommen.
- Eastern Orthodox Mission Theology Today, by James J. Stamoolis, Light & Life.
- From Earth to Heaven: The Apostolic Adventures of St. Innocent of Alaska by Monk Andrew Wermuth (St. Herman of Alaska Press).
- Indications of the Way into the Kingdom of Heaven by St. Innocent, Bishop of Kamchatka, the Kurilian and Aleutian Islands.
- Keys of the Kingdom by A.J. Cronin.
- Language Acquisition Made Practical by E. Thomas Brewster and Elizabeth S. Brewster.
- Missions and Money: Affluence as a Western Missionary Problem by Jonathan Bonk.
- On the Edge of the World by Nikolai Leskov.
- Operation World by Patrick Johnstone
- Perspectives on the World Christian Movement: A Reader ed. Ralph D. Winter and Steven C. Hawthorne.
- Psychology of Missionary Adjustment by Marge Jones.
- Raising Resilient MKs: Resources for Caregivers, Parents and Teachers ed. Joyce M. Bowers.
- Re-Entry: Making the Transition from Missions to Life at Home by Peter Jordan.
- Saint Nikolai Kasatkin and the Orthodox Mission in Japan, ed. Michael Van remortel and Dr. Peter Chang.
- St. Paul?s Methods or Ours by Roland Allen
- Third Culture Kids: The Experience of Growing Up Among Worlds by David Pollack and Ruth Van Reken.
- Transforming Mission: Paradigm Shifts in Theology of Missions by David J. Bosch.
- World Shapers: A Compilation of Missionary Quotes
- INTERNATIONAL BULLETIN OF MISSIONARY RESEARCH (IBMR): One of the most serious missiological journals which offers a scholarly and practical perspective of missions. Ecumenical in nature (Archbishop Anastasios is one of the contributing editors), yet covering every perspective involved in missions today. This Bulletin comes out quarterly.
- INTERNATIONAL REVIEW OF MISSIONS: This is the missiological quarterly of the World Council of Churches. While its focus is ecumenical missiology, it also gives a voice to other perspectives, such as those from Pentecostal and Evangelical theologians.