This course taught by Fr. Luke Veronis, former missionary to Albania and current Adjunct Instructor of Missions at Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology, will help the student understand:
- the Orthodox missionary tradition
- the call and responsibility of Orthodox missionaries
- the central task as Christian witnesses
- the relationship and understanding of the Gospel with other cultures and people
- the needed preparations for numerous challenges facing a cross-cultural missionary.
Time Frame of Course
- Section Papers: You will write four 4-6 page papers summarizing the books and readings you read for each section and answering a number of questions for each section.
- Email Dialogue with Instructor throughout the course.
- Final Paper: A 7-10 page paper on a country where you could possibly serve as a missionary.
The time frame of this course depends on each person. The goal would be to finish the course within six months, but one could finish much sooner if they like. As you read and send in the section papers, the instructor will read them and then you can proceed to the next section. You will be in email contact with Fr. Luke, who will also encourage and guide you.