Mission, Vision, & Values
The Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20)
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
As the official missions agency of the Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops of the United States it is OCMC's mission to make disciples of all nations by bringing people to Christ and His Church.
That all people may come to know the saving love of our Lord: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We value proclaiming and witnessing Christ to all people with priority given to those who have never heard or accepted the Gospel.
- We value sharing the love of Christ for the care of the total person – spiritual and physical.
- We value ministry in the language and culture of the people.
- We value our people – well-trained Missionaries, Staff, Board, Supporters, Indigenous Leadership and those being served.
- We value communities, parishes, and individuals that are mission-minded and have active mission involvement.
- We value being an open and transparent agency that values the gifts of stewardship provided to us by the faithful.
Why Orthodox missions? There are still over 4.7 billion people who do not know the hope, love and joy of a life in Christ. OCMC helps Orthodox Christians from North America welcome people around the world into the Body of Christ.