OCMC is urgently seeking volunteers to serve as long-term missionaries that will help grow the Church around the world. Please prayerfully consider answering this call and serving as an OCMC missionary.
Here at the Mission Center we have heard a growing call for people who can serve as long-term missionaries around the world. Orthodox Christians who are able to serve in this capacity for 2 or more years are needed now more than ever. Churches in mission lands are poised to reach new people with Faith. They are striving to be self-sufficient. They are trying to educate and engage the youth. They need help and are asking for long-term missionaries to provide this assistance.
Immediately, the OCMC is seeking Orthodox Christians from all walks of life to prayerfully consider filling one of the following open missionary positions:
- Two teaching positions at the Protagonist School in Tirana. Applicants must have an education degree and/or be ESL-certified.
- Three university instructors to serve at the Holy Resurrection Theological Academy in Durres or Logos University in Tirana. All positions require a PhD.
- Social worker or childcare worker to serve at an orphanage. Applicants must be certified and experienced.
- Trade school instructor; must have a degree with experience.
- Clergy to help identify and train indigenous clergy.
- Clinician, nurse, and/or physician to assist at the newly-established medical clinic and help train paramedical personnel.
- Parish development specialist to help initiate and strengthen parish programs in established and newly-established communities.
Hong Kong, Indonesia, and Singapore
- Administrative support and parish development specialist to initiate and strengthen parish programs. Seminary-trained applicants are preferred.
- Byzantine chant instructors with choir instruction experience.
- Experienced and trained office administrator.
- Teachers for the girls’ orphanage. Teaching experience and an educational degree or certification required.
- Two primary and/or high school teachers to serve in the Diocese of Kisumu. Educational degree or certification in English and other subjects preferred.
- A catechist with a theological degree or catechetical training to serve in the Diocese of Kisumu.
- An ordained priest to serve as a chaplain at a high school in the Diocese of Kisumu.
- Two nurses in the Diocese of Kisumu. Must have degree or certification.
- A mission development/project manager to serve in Lodwar. Clergy or applicants with a theological degree are preferred.
- An office administrator/web specialist to serve the needs of the Diocese in Kisumu. Applicants must have related education and/or experience.
- Parish development specialist to help establish and grow church programs. Seeking clergy and those with a theological degree and/or related teaching skills.
If you, or anyone that you know, might be a good fit for one of these positions, please contact OCMC Missionary Director Dcn. James Nicholas by phone at 1-877-463-6784 ext. 120, or by e-mail at email@example.com.