Orthodox Mission Teams are a way to share the joy of Orthodox Christianity with the world. Mission Teams are groups of Orthodox Christians who share in a journey of faith, serving as witnesses to the Gospel of Christ. Make a difference in someone’s life by ministering cross-culturally to other’s spiritual and physical needs.
Who Should Apply?
Everyone has skills to share and can be of great value to a Mission Team. Orthodox Mission Team members need to be patient, flexible, and capable of adapting to the unfamiliar and many times uncomfortable realities of life in other cultures.
Active members of the Orthodox Church who are culturally sensitive and willing to offer a gift of service on a Mission Team are called to serve. Volunteer by teaching the Faith, offering youth ministry programs, contributing physical labor for construction projects or providing health care to the sick.
The Mission Team Experience
Team members will be challenged to view the world with God's eyes and actively seek how He wants to use them to fulfill His plans. The overall cross-cultural experience, combined with outreach, will offer Team members a life-changing learning experience. The Team experience is about people, culture and missions, through hands-on experience. It is also about prayer, learning and service.
Team members are part of a team effort to minister to the needs of the Orthodox community that they are assisting. Participants are expected to work towards accomplishing the Team goals:
What Are You Waiting For?
- Presenting a visible expression of the love, unity, and support that truly exists within the Holy Orthodox Church.
- Sharing the teachings of the Orthodox Faith and providing Orthodox communities around the globe with labor.
- Increasing awareness of the Church’s unending mission efforts.
The Orthodox Christian Mission Center is staffed by people who are ready to help you participate in your mission journey. Serving on a mission team begins by doing the following:
- Completing an application with a recommendation from an Orthodox Priest.
- Upon acceptance, submitting a deposit to confirm participation -- space is limited.
- Training which includes information packet, orientation, and debriefing.
- Creating awareness by raising spiritual and financial support.
- Traveling on scheduled dates.
- Sharing experiences with family, friends, and supporters upon return.
- Praying continuously before, during, and after!
to apply for mission team service online. You may also contact OCMC by phone at 1-877-463-6784 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions or to help you get started in sharing in a journey of Faith!